Vitiligo Tests and Diagnosis

If you develop white patches of skin on your body, you should make an appointment with your doctor or dermatologist. If they suspect that you have vitiligo, they will take a physical examination (skin appearance, hair color, and eye color) and ask about your medical history. In particular, they will want to know whether anyone in your family has similar symptoms, whether autoimmune diseases run in your family, whether you suffer from other skin conditions or unusual sun sensitivity, and whether you developed gray hair before the age of 35. Read more